It’s a brand new year full of brand new possibilities and the team at Health Stories Project couldn’t be more excited for the year to come.
Last year we accomplished quite a bit. Our blog and social media channels grew dramatically, we started recording regular Facebook Live interviews with patient advocates, and we even attended our first conference. Did I mention our community is now 25,000 strong?!
We couldn’t be happier to get the chance to share your stories with the world and we are looking forward to growing even in more in 2018.
The ultimate goal of Health Stories Project is to give people opportunities to share their health stories and experiences because we believe in the power of stories. If this is your first time joining us, you are more than welcome! Please sign up for our community to hear about opportunities to share.
Let these prompts inspire (but not limit) you:
- Visiting the doctor can be embarrassing, inconvenient, painful, boring, helpful, or just plain weird. We’d like to know: What’s the craziest thing that ever happened to you in a doctor’s office?
- Having a chronic health condition can really take a physical toll, but living day in and day out with pain or other uncomfortable symptoms can also affect a persona’s mental well-being. Does your health condition cause depression or anxiety? What would you like to say about that?
- Sometimes well-meaning people can say stuff that we wish they wouldn’t. When it comes to your condition, do people ever ask or say things that seem a little clueless? What would you like to say to those people?
- What advice or tips would you give to the parents or loved ones of someone with your health condition?
- Valentine’s Day is coming up which means people all over will be showing their special someone that they care. One of the most romantic things you can do is make a loved one feel at ease, so we thought we’d ask people with health conditions to describe their perfect date.
- Valentine’s Day doesn’t have to be just for couples! How are you planning on showing yourself love and compassion this year?
- Write a response to a recent news event or trend, and how it affects you.
Ready to Submit Your Story?
Send any questions you have to firstname.lastname@example.org
Share with Us On Twitter
— HealthStoriesProject (@HealthStories) January 4, 2018