We’ve been really busy at Health Stories Project this month.
First, an award-winning, documentary photographer connected with us to us to see if he could find people to participate in a unique project about life with mental illness. He’s already met with some volunteers from Health Stories Project, but if you or someone you know might be interested, you can learn more here.
We also had the chance to sit down with a local bloodbank to learn more about how donating blood helps advance life-saving treatments and cures. Have you ever given blood for research? Tell us your story!
For those who haven’t had the chance to share yet, don’t forget to sign up for our community and include the health topics that are most relevant in your life. You can also submit your story to be featured on our blog.
Let these prompts inspire (but not limit) you:
- Is there anyone with your health condition you look up to or admire? Tell us about them!
- What are the embarrassing symptoms of your condition? How do you deal with them?
- Is there a movie, book or TV show that features your condition? Do you like it? Why/Why not?
- Work is hard even if you are not facing extra challenges. Describe a moment where your health condition made work challenging. What did you do to get through it or what advice would you give to someone going through the same thing?
- International Women’s Day is coming up (March 8th). It is a global day celebrating the social, economic, cultural, and political achievements of women. Is there a woman who is making a difference when it comes to your health condition? Tell us about her!
- Write a response to a recent news event or trend, and how it affects you.
Ready to Submit Your Story?
As always, send any questions you have to email@example.com
Share with Us On Facebook
Thank you to everyone who shared their story or volunteered for a project this month!